[Home ] [Archive]   [ فارسی ]  
:: Main :: About :: Current Issue :: Archive :: Search :: Submit :: Contact ::
:: Volume 6, Issue 1 (Spring 2019) ::
2019, 6(1): 32-45 Back to browse issues page
A Decision Support System for Diagnosis of Diabetes and Hepatitis, based on the Combination of Particle Swarm Optimization and Firefly Algorithm
Farhad Soleimanian Gharehchopogh , Seyyed Keivan Mousavi
Ph.D., in Computer Engineering, Assistant Professor, Computer Engineering Dept., Urmia Branch, Islamic Azad University, Urmia, Iran
Abstract:   (894 Views)
Introduction: Clinical Decision Support Systems (CDSS) are designed in the form of computer programs that help medical professionals make decisions about disease diagnosis. The main aim of these systems is to assist physicians in diagnosing diseases, in other words, a physician can interact with the system and use them to analyze patient data, diagnose diseases, and other medical activities.
Method: This is a descriptive-analytic study. The datasets include 768 records of diabetes with 8 features and 155 records of hepatitis with 19 features, which were provided by the Global Website of UCI. In this study, the Particle Swarm Optimization (PSO) algorithm was used for Feature Selection (FS) and the Firefly Algorithm (FA) was used to classify diabetes and hepatitis into two healthy and unhealthy classes. 80% of the data was used for training and the remaining (20%) was used for testing.
Results: The experiments showed that the accuracy of the PSO and FA for the diabetes dataset was 84.41% and 82.08%, respectively. Also, the accuracy of the PSO and FA for the hepatitis dataset was 81.84% and 80.34%, respectively. The accuracy of the proposed model for the diabetes and hepatitis datasets was 95.38% and 94.09%, respectively.
Conclusion: According to the results, the proposed model had a lower error rate in diagnosis compared to the PSO and FA. The results of this study can help doctors in timely diagnosis of diabetes and hepatitis
Keywords: Clinical Decision Support Systems, Diagnosis of disease, Diabetes mellitus, Hepatitis, Particle pool optimization algorithm, Firefly algorithm
eprint link: http://eprints.kmu.ac.ir/id/eprint/31284
Full-Text [PDF 1475 kb]   (227 Downloads)    
Type of Study: Original Article | Subject: Clinical Decision Support Systems
Received: 2018/07/18 | Accepted: 2018/10/11
Send email to the article author

Add your comments about this article
Your username or Email:

CAPTCHA


XML   Persian Abstract   Print


Download citation:
BibTeX | RIS | EndNote | Medlars | ProCite | Reference Manager | RefWorks
Send citation to:

Soleimanian Gharehchopogh F, Mousavi S K. A Decision Support System for Diagnosis of Diabetes and Hepatitis, based on the Combination of Particle Swarm Optimization and Firefly Algorithm. Journal of Health and Biomedical Informatics. 2019; 6 (1) :32-45
URL: http://jhbmi.ir/article-1-326-en.html


Volume 6, Issue 1 (Spring 2019) Back to browse issues page
مجله انفورماتیک سلامت و زیست پزشکی Journal of Health and Biomedical Informatics
Persian site map - English site map - Created in 0.05 seconds with 32 queries by YEKTAWEB 3977